3/12/10

I came, I saw, I got the finger!

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement regretting the timing of the announcement that still more Jewish housing was to go up in Jerusalem . He couldn't’t leave it at that. He had to indicate that he agreed with the substance of the announcement, thus effectively giving Vice-President Joe Biden the finger.

So where does our push for peace between the Israeli’s and Palestinians go from here. Not very far. As I pointed out in my 7'28'08 post “ Joined At The Hip”, until the United States tempers its unqualified support of Israel there will be no peace in the Middle East. Israel has a right to exist but the Palestinians also have a right to a homeland. In return for our support The United States must insist ,not request, that Israel make meaningful concessions to the Palestinians. No administration to date has been willing to go that far. Perhaps a little finger probing will do the job.

No comments: