8/7/12

Blogging 101- According to Buddha

He just does not get it
My blogging inevitably leads to some posts which are pure ranting and raving. This in itself is not necessarily bad; the anger is what gets out of hand now and then. There ought to be some blogging guidelines for impetuous bloggers.

From the sayings of Buddha, one could develop "A Blogger's Primer" or even "Blogging 101- According To Buddha". I reserve the right to write such a book, but for now I'd like to share some sayings of Buddha with blogging in mind.

  • There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind. ( The last time I tried to discipline my mind, it told me to go fly a kite.)

  • You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger. ( don't go off half-cocked .)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of  throwing it at someone else; you are the one that gets burned. ( Let it all hang out .)

  • With our thoughts we change the world. (Fat chance!)

 One of my rant and rave posts, "Whistling In The Dark" prompted this post. I was out of line with my anger. The gentlemen in Washington have a right to take a vacation while Rome burns - it says so in one of those amendments - something called the freedom to loaf. Gun control can wait until the  the NRA puts a gun in every household. By that time it will be dog eat dog time but it would have done wonders for the economy. Never mind the drought , our vacationers will do a rain dance on the beach after getting permission from their favorite lobbyist.

 If there were a "Blogging 101- According To Buddha" course I might have received a C-. I always try to set my sights high so the best thing is to pretend I never wrote this post.

No comments: