7/22/11

NFL Football In September Is A Shoe In

At the onset I must admit that this post is not objective. I'm not a huge football fan. I'm only a little football fan. Having said that, I'm not exactly celebrating that that the NFL billionaire owners and the NFL millionaire players are a shoe in to get into their play pen in September and go through the antics of a sport referred to as football but more closely resembling mob violence. As an aside , since shoe in popped into my mind ( it didn't hurt) , I decided to research the origin of the cliche. Well, it's a fraud. The damn cliche is misspelled . The expression is more properly shoo in. What the hell the shoo means I'm not quite sure, so I'll settle for shoe.  If the shoe fits wear it - football in September is a shoe in.

  Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer put it more succinctly: "Evidently, the lockout is close to ending. There will be football. It can't be helped."

Are you ready for some mayhem!

No comments: