10/15/10

Tea Party Ready To Put USA In Pressure Cooker

Tea has never been one of my favorite beverages. I do sip it now and then but I’m a long way from being a tea connoisseur. I’ve heard of high tea and have wondered why it is legal. It must surely be injurious . Which brings me to a New York Times report today. It has to do with tea parties and forecasts that “Enough Tea Party-supported candidates are running strongly in competitive and Republican-leaning Congressional races that the movement stands a good chance of establishing a sizeable caucus to push its agenda in the House and the Senate”. What agenda? Pressure!  “Putting pressure on Republican leaders to carry out promises to significantly cut spending and taxes, to repeal health care legislation and financial regulations passed this year, and to phase out Social Security and Medicare in favor of personal savings accounts”.

Ouch! That kind of tea makes me want to vomit. I’ll probably never take a sip of tea again. Indeed these Tea Party people must be drinking high tea. How else can you explain their maniacal quest to throw this country into disarray. We’ll be spinning our wheels for at least the next two years while the world passes us by. I hope that the working stiffs in this country will ultimately stand up to this Tea Party nonsense. Perhaps a Beer Party is in order. A few beers and a shot and the Tea Party will be toast.

No comments: