6/4/09

Nice day for a house guest....

Great day out there! A little cool but the sun is shining ( why do we say the sun is shinning? Doesn't it shine continously ). Anyway it lifts the spirits ( never really understood what that means but it sounds good).

I'm glad the rain stopped since we have a house guest. When he's visited in the past he complained about the rain. Don't get me wrong, we're glad to have him. He's not much trouble other than at dinner time. He has a voracious appetite. My spouse, the high primal thinker, meets herself coming and going trying to satiate his appetite.

Speaking of the high primal thinker, I think my friend is quite taken with her and the attraction seems to be mutual. I'm not the jealous type but I am the suspicious type. She has assured me his antics revolve around the food she prepares and shares with him. I love my wife and I love my friend, so I've concluded that its not unreasonable to share affections. Threesomes are not uncommon these days ( "these days" justifies any activity these days).

Our house guest loves to walk which is fine , except he insists that I walk with him. I keep telling him that getting up at five in the morning to take a walk is not my idea of fun but I'm sure we'll be up again at five tomorrow morning.

He has another bad trait. He is anti social and not very tolerant of other guests.The only way we can get him to accept a visit from others is to bribe him. His appetite does him in. Offer him a treat and he's your friend for life.

You may have guessed by now that our guest is a dog, our daughter's dog. While she and her family are on vacation, Thurston will be vacationing with us. The price they pay for his cheap vacation is a very spoiled dog.


1 comment:

Earl Tesch said...

Thurston may well be the best dog name ever.

He looks like a Thurston.