12/20/13

The Grinch Did It

I shop at Target occasionally. I may be one of the 47 million customers who used a credit card there between November 27 and December 15 but I'm not confirming that. Yes, I'm pissed. I'm not quite sure who I'm pissed with. Could it be that the Target CEO who was a strong supporter of Romney is the perpetrator (some analysts believe it was an inside job)? No way - he's only stupid when it comes to politics, not business. Then there is the Tea Party - is this another way to give Obama a migraine. If so, it didn't work - he's off to Hawaii. A better guess is that the NSA got carried away. If so, there is no need to worry, they are mining so much data gathered about our personal lives, that by the time they analyze credit card accounts, most of them will be defunct.


 As far as I'm concerned, the most likely thief is the Grinch. The SOB has been taking an online course, "Hacking 101". As a sidelight, I wonder why the Grinch is green?

I understand that there is a controversy going on as to whether or not Santa Claus is a man of color but there has been no mention of the Grinch and his color. I have it from an anonymous source that the Grinch is green with envy. Santa gets all the publicity and the Grinch gets all the flak. That being the case I deem the Grinch guilty of identity theft.

I know, I know! This is a lot of gibberish about a serious event. Sorry about that, but that's what happens when you live in an Orwellian society. It's one way of confusing Big Brother in case he's an anonymous follower of this blog.

In spite of political events, data mining and credit card theft, there will be a Christmas this year. Many will celebrate the birth of Christ. At least as many will celebrate the fruits of  50% off shopping and the Grinch will celebrate his new found wealth. You say I sound like the Grinch - I can understand that. In the interest of full disclosure, he is a distant relative (hope I'm in his will).

No comments: