12/29/13

Bring it on!

As the year end approaches, I find myself feeling somewhat bitter about what 2013 left at my doorstep. Admittedly, such an attitude is not a healthy one. At best it is a selfish attitude. According to Buddha, " The Mind is the source of happiness and unhappiness". Could the Buddha be saying that life is what you make of it?

I'm sure that 2014 will test me like I have never been tested before. So be it. I'll do my damn-est to be up to the task. If I can get my mind to shun bitterness and accept life's challenges , there is no reason not to bid a peaceful adieu to 2013 and be grateful that I and my loved ones are here to welcome 2014.

As Buddha said, "To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him."

The new year owes me nothing. I owe it a disciplined mind. 2014 will be what I make of it - nothing more, nothing less. Bring it on.

No comments: