11/3/13

You can't fool Mother Nature

Its payback time once again. At 2 AM, November 3, 2013, I must give back that extra hour of daylight that the government said it gave me at 2 AM, Sunday, March 10, 2013. The problem is, I could never find that extra hour of daylight. I looked diligently day after day but my search found that Mother Nature had paid no attention to our government. Could it be that the government is engaged in some kind of a scam? If that Cruz guy in the Senate finds out. I'm sure he will chalk it up to Obamacare.

 No matter, as a good citizen I’ll try to keep awake until 2 AM, Sunday, November 3, 2013 and give back that hour of daylight I never received. I don’t understand why I have to do it in the dark. Just thinking about keeping awake that long leaves me exhausted. Wish I could change my batteries like the local Fire Department recommends at this time of year.

 I may write my Congressman asking him to stop trying to fool Mother Nature by playing around with the clock?  Better yet, I may go right ( or left perhaps) to the top and suggest to President Obama that an executive order making "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise" the nation's motto will do wonders. I'm sure it will negate the need for Daylight Savings Time. It may even make Obamacare unnecessary as well as food stamps.

No comments: