9/6/13

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Just when I was getting comfortable with online banking and putting my files in the cloud, NSA comes along and breaks down the encryption codes designed to make the Internet secure. As I recall, NSA refers to the National Security Agency. That's strange. A government agency which is supposed to make me feel more secure has now made my Internet activities less secure. I'm told it is their way of catching the bad guys. That may be so, but if the price for security is to give up security, then we may be heading down the wrong path. It is comparable to throwing out the concept that "Its better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man is wrongfully convicted". I think that in the future any secure Internet web site should be required to publish the  disclaimer, "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

No comments: