9/5/12

Are you better off than four years ago?

The Republicans are pulling that "are you better off than you were 4 years ago" gimmick. I for one would have to say maybe yes, maybe no. So you want a yes or no answer - well, life is not that simple. In some ways I'm better off, in some ways I'm worse off.  As far as my health is concerned, I'm definitely better off because of two successful major operations - otherwise I'd be dead and this post would be non-existent. Although alive, I'm four years older and the bones tell me I'm not better off.   I do know one thing, if on January 21, 2013, the Republicans had not embarked on a scorched earth campaign to make the man with the funny name a one term president, I  would without question be better off today. Romney and Ryan ( sounds like a vaudeville act - guess who's the dummy) please ask me again when President Barak Obama completes his second term.

No comments: