11/24/10

Walk and Talk (and Thanksgiving)

It's 6:45 AM, the Sun is not yet awake, the birds are still napping, my small world is so quite I can hear Fall's fallen leaves crunching beneath my feet as I take my morning passagiata. Suddenly from behind I hear someone chattering. Startled at first, I recovered and realized a faster paced walker was over taking me or was it two walkers considering the chattering going on. The walker overtakes me and I realize she is talking on her cell phone. Holy shit, 6:45 in the morning and she's gabbing on her cell phone. It must be an emergency or more likely she's checking with her lover to make sure he gets his ass out of bed before her husband gets home from the third shift. Hopefully, this being the day before Thanksgiving, she was calling a family member or good friend overseas to offer holiday wishes.

 What I like about Thanksgiving is that it is a day devoted to be thankful for the blessings which have been showered upon us. I'm thankful for a loving family, especially the high primal thinker, and by the way, I'm thankful that I can still get out for a walk and think with some reasonable clarity.

Whatever, the serenity of my walk was broken. Other than Thanksgiving, all my disturbed mind could think of was that any phone that functioned during morning exercises before the sun was up could not possibly be a smart phone.

No comments: