11/22/10

Buddha says .........

Without further ado, let me get right to the point. In search of a blog post I resorted to the sayings of Buddha. When all is said and done, Buddha was the master of sayings. As an example , he said a mouthful when he said,"There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind". Why did he distinguish between a disobedient and a disciplined mind? Perhaps because in the course of evolution, the mind "sucked hind tit". It has always struggled with discipline, preferring to be unfathomable.

Having said that, I must dwell on another of Buddha's sayings, "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment".

Having dwelled, I have concluded that I should not waste my time going back to the past. I should live life to the fullest for it's later than I think. Good advice if life's road was a well paved super highway. It's not, there are too many pot holes and detours. Still, even with life's challenges, the words of Buddha should not be dismissed. All it takes is a disciplined mind. Which brings me full circle.

I have written much ado about nothing. My mind, though full of cliches, is disciplined enough to leave philosophical thoughts to others except when I need material for a blog post.

No comments: