5/14/10

Monkeying Around

Its raining outdoors, so that puts a monkey wrench in the outdoor tasks I had planned. I decided to monkey around with my computer, specifically to come up with a cliche post. I was having writer's block until I thought of the saying, "monkey see, monkey do". It reminded me of all the current controversy over immigration reform. Arizona passes a very restrictive immigration law and immediately there are cries to mimic their action. Reminders that Arizona's law is monkeying with some of our cherished civil liberties seem to be falling on deaf ears. I'll be a monkey's uncle, but it turns out that many of those deaf ears belong to the children and grandchildren of immigrants who were welcomed on our shores and given the opportunity to live the American dream.

No comments: