9/16/09

Cliche Candidates

If a cliche is an overused, trite expression which has lost its impact by long overuse, then the following are worthy candidates:
  • I apologize - its OK to blow your stack, you can always apologize
  • Screw you - in response to an apology
  • Awesome - makes a mountain out of a molehill
  • That's cool - used when awesome is not appropriate
  • You guys - familiarity breeds contempt
  • It's on life support - better than dead on arrival
  • Bipartisanship - on life support
  • Have a ball - what if I don't dance?
  • It's all in the genes - reason for success, excuse for failure
  • Fiscal responsibility - it has been so long since practised, no one is sure what it is
  • Text me - as opposed to "call me" or better yet " give me a holler"
  • Do you tweet - strictly for the birds
  • Carbon footprints - bad for the rug
( to be continued )

No comments: