3/1/07

Bush Hears Voices

I read an enlightening article in salon.com today , “How Cheney bombed in Afghanistan” by Sidney Blumenthal. I could not help but focus on the following excerpt:

Since Sept. 11, Bush and Cheney have proclaimed a Manichaean struggle in which, as Bush said, "you're either with us or with the terrorists." This formula has been applied at home and abroad. It is a distillation of Bush's foreign policy and his domestic politics. In his "war on terror," he is leading the forces of "freedom" against "evil" because it is "part of God's plan," and that "God is not neutral." Then Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath told the BBC in 2005 that Bush had confided in him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian president: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

“Leading the forces of "freedom" against "evil" because it is "part of God's plan” - it sounds like Jihad ! Previously George compared the “war on terrorism” to a crusade .( If jihad is a holy war against infidels and or unbelievers of Islam is a crusade possibly a war against infidels or unbelievers of Christianity ?). “God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did”. Apparently God is on a first name basis with George W. Bush. It sounds like the Old Testament! Could this possibly be coming from the mouth of the President of The United States. How did he ever conclude that he ended tyranny in Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter? Today we learn that the Taliban and Al Qaida are making a comeback. Mr. Bush needs to go back to the mountain and talk once again with God. ( And God said, George you completely misunderstood me ! Please listen to what your citizens are telling you. George, do not get me involved with wars!)