6/19/12

Is Sharon Waiting For Mubarak?

The New York Times reports thatFormer President Hosni Mubarak, who led Egypt for three decades until he was toppled last year in a popular uprising, was on life support at a military hospital late Tuesday after he was declared “clinically dead” by doctors, according to Egyptian officials and state news media.” The news reminded me that for more than six years, Ariel Sharon, the former Prime Minister of Israel has been in a coma. I’m not sure why Israel is hanging on to him unless they are planning some sort of resurrection. I’d put my money on Sharon waiting for someone to join him in a Mid East summit, but I doubt that Mubarak will be around very long. He may be "really dead" as I write this. That’s the way the cookie crumbles, Sharon.

CORRECTION! It is now reported  that the news of Mubarak being "clinically dead" is greatly exaggerated. My post of 6/19/12 was a day early and short on facts. The turmoil in the Arab world is now messing with my blog posts and I don't like that. I plan to withdraw all aid (in the form of sympathy of course) to Egypt. Don't give up Sharon - I am sure Mubarak will join you soon. On the other hand it won't be the first time that a Jew has been snubbed by an Arab.
-6/20/12

No comments: