2/13/12

Prepping for Valentine's Day

The high primal loves the Westminster Dog Show. We have never had a dog although we do have a grandog whom we love very much. So what does all of this have to do with Valentine's Day. Well, as a dutiful husband I suggested to the high primal that we should celebrate Valentine's Day by going out for a nice dinner ( at our age that's as wild as the celebrating gets). To my amazement she reminded that the dog show finals are on Valentine's Day and she didn't want to take a chance on missing any of the show.

 Tomorrow it will be off to Heinen's to pick up a take home Valentine dinner, a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates. This all makes sense for two octogenarians. We watched Puppy Bowl VIII on Super Bowl Sunday. The dog show on Valentine's Day should just about convince our children that we have actually gone to the dogs.

 I'm betting on the wire hair dachshund to win Best of Show. The high primal says that he is no match for me. She also reminded me that on the news this evening there was a story about a husband who wrote a love poem a day for the past 75 years. Holy cow, there is still time to get started.

Roses are blue
Violets are red
Color blind I am
But I do Love you


ONE DOWN AND 26400 TO GO!

 The wire hair dachshund is still looking good. Can't wait for Valentine's Day.