12/12/11

'Tis The Season


Merry Christmas! If you want to take it as a religious greeting, that's your choice.  If you want to take it as an expression of a joyous season, bless you.  If you prefer Happy Holidays it is your privilege to shout to one and all Happy Holidays but please do not deny me the privilege to wish one and all a Merry Christmas. I would at the same time remind you that Happy Holidays leaves a lot to question. I know that that it is a generic form of expressing a greeting for Christmas or Hanukkah. Does it also include President's Day, The Fourth of July, Labor Day? Happy Holidays is too generic. Pardon the expression but let's call a spade  a spade. If December 25 is a cause for celebration, the greeting of choice should be Merry Christmas . You are free not to be merry this time of year if the word Christmas offends you but do not be offended if I am merry. If you wish me a Happy Hanukkah, I will do my best to be happy during the festival of lights. In the meantime I'm going to try like hell to have a Merry Christmas. Please join me in being merry. I could care less whether you are a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist, an Agnostic or an Atheist or non of the above, 'Tis the season.

No comments: