8/27/10

Blocked Box

The motto,"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" is associated with the United States Postal Service. It conjures up visions of a dauntless mail carrier overcoming all sorts of obstacles to get your mail delivered on time. So why on 8/26 did I get a bundle of mail with a handwritten note - "Blocked Box - 8/25". Apparently there was a vehicle parked too close to my mailbox. Delivery of the mail would have involved the mailman stopping his truck and walking about five feet to the box. I suppose the excuse is that he would be leaving the mail in his truck unprotected ( Jesse James has been rumored to be lurking in the neighborhood). Oh well, I must admit my bills did get here on time so I won't miss the due date. In my best interests I think I'll use on line bill paying; my creditors mail box might be blocked.

No comments: