2/11/10

A Piece Of Cake

Fuji The Toyota's gas pedal implant went well. No anesthesia was required and as Fuji said,"it was a piece of cake". Fuji felt so well that it insisted that we stop on the way home to get the high primal thinker some flowers for Valentine's Day.

Fuji is now resting comfortably in the garage and has assured me that any urge for a surge that may have existed is completely gone. Let's hope so. I wasn't in the procedure room ,so I can't be sure whether they implanted a steel shim or a piece of cake. The proof will be in the pudding.

I haven't had the heart to tell Fuji about the latest nasty rumors. There may be something wrong with its steering. What next?

Ed. note: I have made light of my problems with the Toyota recall. Underneath my mirth is a deep resentment about the way Toyota has handled the problem. For instance, I was supposed to wait for a formal letter notifying me to bring my car to a Toyota dealer for repairs to its gas pedal. Two weeks have gone by and there has been no such letter. Fortunately I found a dealer willing to fix my car without the formality of a recall letter. Now there are rumors that there may be other safety issues with my car.I have driven a Toyota for the last seven years. I thought I was riding with safety and reliability as my co-pilot . Now I'm not so sure. To be fair Toyota is not the only auto company which has had safety problems but it is a company which built its reputation on quality. Quality was its trademark! Now it has joined the pack. The experience of buying a Toyota will be no different than buying a Chrysler, Ford or Chevrolet. I guess that we need to remember that buying a car, no matter the brand, is not a piece of cake. There is too much of a chance of buying a piece of junk.

No comments: