2/4/10

Fuji The Toyota To Get A Fix


I heard what sounded like groaning coming from the garage and not so enthusiastically decided to investigate. The groaning turned out to be the wind trying to get in out of the cold. It was fortuitous that I investigated ,for I also discovered that Fuji ,my Toyota Corolla, was having a fit . Once I calmed it down with a shot of bourbon in the gas tank, I was able to make some sense out of all the rumbling. It seems that Fuji was upset because some hood said it should not be driven other than to abandon it at some Toyota service department.

I explained to Fuji that there was no way I would abandon it and promised I would make another attempt to get it scheduled for a gas pedal implant.

I called the home from which I had adopted Fuji and pleaded for a service appointment. Not surprisingly I got the same song and dance. "Wait for a recall letter- once our technicians are trained and we have the parts, come in with the letter". I tried to explain that the letter could take weeks and in the meantime Fuji was as mad as a wet hen. That did it - the phone went dead. What to do? There must be more than one way to skin a cat.

Call another home? Why not, nothing ventured , nothing gained. Lo and behold, within thirty seconds I had an appointment to get Fuji fixed. February 11th is the day. Fuji can hardly wait and is purring like a kitten. As for me, I'll believe it when I see it.

( Ed. note - As for the hood, he turned out to be a Republican in Democrat clothing making trouble for the Obama administration and Toyota. He ended up swallowing his words.)

No comments: