1/21/10

Off with their heads

Not being crazy about tea drinking, I have never been invited to a tea party. Even if I were invited I'd be crazy to go. As a result I'm completely out of touch with the tea parties which have been sprouting up all across these disunited states. I was surprised to learn that instead of a polite event these parties are rather rowdy. In fact they resemble the tea party that The Queen of Hearts gave. Some of the party goers have been known to shout the Queen's favorite saying, "off with their heads". I'm told that they referring to liberals and in particular Obama. The conversation at these parties centers around taxes, the national debt and the stimulus package, in fact anything to do with funds necessary to run a country. Those partying are convinced that these funds must be be drastically reduced and that government is our biggest enemy. If this comes to the attention of the Queen of Hearts , I'm sure "off with their heads" will have another target. I'm tempted to say that these parties are a tempest in a tea pot but I'm not so sure. The prospect of no taxes to pay and no government run programs is too tempting for many red- blooded Americans. What they don't realize, is that they will be pawns in the hands of a few blue-blooded Americans. The prospect of a TEA PARTY makes me glad I'm not a tea drinker. The prospect that a Tea Party will not be a tempest in a tea pot might drive me to drink. I wonder if Starbucks would be interested in sponsoring some coffee orgies where we could all chew the rag about giving our government a shot in the arm and making it stronger?

No comments: