1/30/08

If I Were A Republican

In the aftermath of the Florida primary, if I were a Republican I would be rejoicing that Giuliani bit the dust but I would be frustrated that the eventual candidate of my party might be McCain or even Romney. Neither of these gentlemen are class acts. McCain would preserve the militaristic legacy of Bush and Romney would preserve the economic legacy of Bush. As a Republican , I would swallow hard, forget about Roe v. Wade, forget about gay marriage, forget about the precepts of evangelism and forget about getting rich at the expense of others. Once I cleansed my mind I would embrace one of the Democratic candidates (preferably Obama). Of course , if I were a Republican I would do none of the above, I would merely realize that I'm critically ill and hope that Dr. Ron Paul had a cure in his bag. A Republican Party in disarray is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: