1/1/08

About New Years Day

Today’s paper is full of articles about making New Year resolutions and with predictions about what the New Year will bring. I have never succumbed to the practice of making resolutions so adhering to them is a burden I have conveniently avoided. I have been guilty however of wondering what a New Year might hold in store for me. Dallying with what might or might not happen was over within twenty-four hours. Wondering is not very productive but musing can have positive results. Musing about New Years Day led me to the conclusion that there is a time in life when every day is actually a “New Years Day”. Waking up in the morning and making the most of each day is resolve enough. Realizing that each day is not only a beginning but possibly an end is sobering and calls for celebrating each day. So Happy New Year today, tomorrow and the day after. Happy New Year all year long!

No comments: